British Poultry Passport training course for Broiler Producers. Module 1 - Health and Welfare
09 April 2019
This module aims to provide suitable and sufficient training in broiler health and welfare as required by Poultry Passport standards.
It will be of interest not only to those already working in the poultry industry but also to those wishing to broaden their knowledge in these two subjects in a commercial and integrated system.
The course will provide the following:
- Outlines the legislative requirements throughout the process of broiler production from placement to depopulation.
- Provides insights on birds behaviour (ethogram concept).
- Explains welfare; how to assess it.
- Offers a brief explanation on common and notifiable diseases of concern in broiler production.
- Links to relevant external sources such as Red Tractor Scheme, Legal Statutory Instruments or Codes of Practice.
Discounted rates are available to PHS clients, please contact your practice to register.
To sign up to this course, click on the link below to enter our eLearning shop and scroll to the "Poultry" section to make your purchase.